The BeadBeater disrupts microorganisms, single-cell preparations and pulverized plant and animal tissue with better than 95 percent efficiency. Up to 80 grams (wet weight) of cells can be processed in a typical three minute run. Relying on a unique crushing or cracking action rather than high shear forces found with a French Press or sonicator, a Teflon impeller rotating at high speed forces thousands of minute glass beads to violently collide in a special clover-leaf shaped vessel. Cells are disrupted quickly, efficiently and safely in the sealed system. The apparatus is easy to clean, has a small footprint, requires no auxiliary supplies or equipment and is essentially maintenance free. Beads settle out in seconds and are reusable. The apparatus is easy to clean, has a small footprint, requires no auxiliary supplies or equipment and is essentially maintenance free. Beads settle out in seconds and are reusable.
- Ideal for isolating proteins, enzymes and intact intracellular organelles
- Powerful 3/8 HP motor. Only durable, non-toxic components contact product
- Designed for batches up to 80g (wet wt.) in 200 ml of medium
- Highly efficient disruption in shortest times possible
- Sample cooling during homogenization is simple and efficient
- Homogenizing chamber made of shatter-proof polycarbonate, 350 ml total volume, 200ml working
- Rotor machined from solid Teflon
- 15,800 rpm, 3/8 HP single speed motor
- 6 inch dia. footprint X 12 inch high, shipping wt. 11 lbs
- 115 Volt, 50/60Hz, 3 wire grounded cord
Like many mechanical cell disruption techniques, the Beadbeating process generates heat. In general for every minute of beadbeating there is a 10 deg rise in sample temperature. Should that be a problem, the ice-water jacket included with the BeadBeater helps keep this temperature increase under control. Superior control is achieved using an accessary stainless steel or aluminum sample chamber.
Biotech Equipment Sales, Inc., based in South San Francisco, the Biotech capital of the world, since 2009. We are dedicated to bringing high-quality pre-owned laboratory instrumentation to our scientific community.
Biotech Equipment Sales, Inc.
226 Miller Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080